· COVID-19 has increased the isolation, food insecurity, and basic needs amongst our most vulnerable veterans.
· Each year, over 6,000 veterans commit suicide, and 9% of the adult homeless population are veterans.
· Women veterans are at least twice as likely to be homeless as non-veteran women. and more likely to be single parents.
· Almost 1.2 million veterans live below the poverty level and 4-million veterans have a service-connected disability.
· 1.5 million veterans live in a household that completely relies on SNAP to supplement their food intake.
The above data is pre-COVID-19.